Thursday, November 19, 2009

~Blindness~

I spent all day in Starbucks and Panara with nothing but pen, paper, coffee, and an iPod set on Ludovico Einaudi (AMAZING composer!). This poem is basically inspired from parts of the Bible that talk of how ones eyes are closed to Christ until He opens them for you to see His glory.

*this has not been edited and I don't think I'm finished with it....maybe a revised version will come soon*

~BLINDNESS~

The world is plain for all I see
Shadowed with despair is the vision I see
Sharp, cold and cruel with no majesty
Filled to the brim with tragedy


Black, brown and grey confusion
My head spins with delusion
Hope is suffocated by dark fears
My soul sits in a corner while darkness jeers


What hope is there for my veiled eyes?
Shrouded in wait for my demise
No power on Earth can bring light
No Earthly idol can grant me sight

Suddenly, a soft glow draws near
A warm voice begins to whisper in my ear
The crushing darkness slowly fades
His words leave me amazed

As His soothing voice grows louder
The darkness recedes at His power
Light begins to stream through me
The curtain is drawn back, now I see

A symphony of colors threaten to overpower
My virgin eyes with the shower
His utter grace and beauty revealed to me
My unworthy eyes are awash in a tumultuous sea

Who am I that sight is granted?
I whose sight was stranded
Upon the isle of death and darkness
My eyes only seeing starkness

An yet with a word He has given
Me the clean sight of the forgiven
The glorious vision of His love
Gives me the power to push back darkness with a shove

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. And I love the picture you put with it, and the visual of you sitting at panera with pen in hand is so poetic. You have inspired me to keep writing poems.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete