Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bits & Pieces

Well, here are a few scraps of poems that have never really been finished....or maybe they have and I jut don't know it yet.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~The Future ~


Blinding in brilliance, yet full of fear
My heart beats faster as it draws near
So high to climb yet far to fall
My life is but a flicker on this celestial ball

 Before a plan was always held
Every step already decided and beheld
Now the road is gone
My feet are now frozen in the bog
My eyes veiled by heavy smog

Reluctance joins with anticipation
My journey started with hesitation
I feel bipolar in my joy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Straining against the ties that bind us here
On this celestial sphere
The divine magnet pulls us near
Pleading with us to hear

Throbbing, my soul draws to him
With luminecent face
Christ wipes away my disgrace
Bringing about from ashes - lace

With eyes unveiled, I gasp in awe
The Lord smiles at my open maw
Laid out are His wonders
Beauty and splendor without number
A thousand splendid summers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Good & Evil ~

Evil stirs, sure to inflict burns
A tower of light, to be seen in the night
Truth and love, all of the above
One dark lord will bring the sword
One King of Light will fight the good fight
The fight brings a clash, then a slash
The dark lord seethes, lies he flings
 Light shines forth truth, lies it will smooth
Darkness creeps forward, ever moreward
And yet Light prevailes, ever on it sails

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ The Darkness Assails Me ~


Long taloned fingers grasp my head and heart

For a moment they latch on, tearing at my soul

But He raises in my defense - throwing them from me

In righteous anger He banishes them

Turning his face to me He sooths my terror

I am secure in His arms - His hold will not fail

I tell Him all, and emotions flicker over His face

Joy, pain, laughter, hurt, pride, and sighs

"Stay ever with me" He repeats to me

"Keep my letters close to your heart" He says

"Clutch My words deep within your soul" He pleads

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest I fear is not worth getting on here. I hope to have some more new stuff soon!





2 comments:

  1. Aithne! Your lyrics sooth my senses... I like it very much..keep up the good work..
    Besides..regarding your Robin Hood retold it is awesome! will it ever be published?
    Feel free to visit my site if you wish, I'd love to share my music with you..
    http://branawen.blogspot.com
    Celtic Sprite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eliseo - thank you so much for the great feedback! The Robin Hood short story was something that I collaborated on with a good friend of mine....alas, these past few months we were so busy with college work that we were unable to complete any more of it! Although, now I have finished with school and my friend has a bit of a break coming up....maybe more will be done soon! I would love to have it published....although I'm not quite sure it's good enough. I will be sure to look up your music, as I have a deep love for all things Celtic/Gaelic....Thanks for subscribing!

    ReplyDelete