Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Chasm of the Future

I stand at the edge of a chasm
My steps halted by uncertainty
My eyes unable to behold the bottom
The future could be lofty
The future could blossom

But for now I stand
Stuck upon the sand
Frozen in quiet confusion
Unsure of my next step
Awaiting a sign

Two options are spread before me:
One, to build a bridge
Across this chasm of life
To the other side which holds
Stability?

The second is more daring:
To leap
Into the darkness that encroaches

My eyes look down below:
Is the darkness fear?
Or is it death?
The ruining of my soul?
Or the creation of a life lived to the full?

I being to pace
The edge of this canyon
Threatens to swallow me up

I search for guidance:
A word
A sign
A picture in the sky

To leap or to build a bridge…?


(not really sure if this is done yet....)

No comments:

Post a Comment